[gpm] using info from apm for battery life

Hi,

I am running ubuntu natty on my tablet. There battery driver seem to
be broken. Its exposing battery and ac information on sysfs and
gnome-power-manager is picking all information except the energy
parameter resulting in a empty battery bar.

However, its reflecting the percent remaining information correct on /proc/apm.

Is there any way that I can use gnome-power-manger either to use only
/proc/apm or get the battery life from apm instead?

thanks,
 Hock.