Re: [gpm] using info from apm for battery life

On 11 June 2011 18:00, Bee Hock Goh <beehock gmail com> wrote:
> I am running ubuntu natty on my tablet. There battery driver seem to
> be broken. Its exposing battery and ac information on sysfs and
> gnome-power-manager is picking all information except the energy
> parameter resulting in a empty battery bar.

What version of upower? We've got a lot better reading all the sysfs
entries in the last two releases thanks to Martins self test program.

> However, its reflecting the percent remaining information correct on /proc/apm.

/proc/apm has been deprecated upstream for years now. Fedora turned
off this legacy interface 3 or 4 releases ago.

> Is there any way that I can use gnome-power-manger either to use only
> /proc/apm or get the battery life from apm instead?

No, sorry. If you've got the latest version of upower and it still
doesn't work, you need to open a bug on kernel.org under the acpi
component. Working around brokenness like this in userspace is all
wrong.