Re: [gpm] gpm problems (FC12)

  > (how to control how low is critical?)
  gconf-editor
Aha!  first step is yum install gconf-editor !
seems not to be present by default.
took a while to find the relevant data
  > spin down disks - checked
  Try unticking.
Not spinning down disks is related to screen brightness?
But what if I want to spin down disks?
(Maybe I don't understand what it means to spin down on a laptop.
How long does it take to access disk when spun down?
What does "when possible" mean?  I'd think it would be something
like after you've not used the disk for some amount of time.)

Now I've unchecked it.  I unplug and see the screen get dimmer.
Then I plug in again, then go to power mgmt prefs and drag
brightness down to 79 and see the screen get brighter, as before.
So I guess that wasn't it.
(Waiting for explanation before deciding whether to reselect spin
down.)