[gpm] hibernate on unplugging AC

Hi

I have a Dell Mini 10 and gpm hibernates saying 'battery is critically
low' as soon as I remove AC power, even though the battery is (almost)
full. I'm running Arch Linux with kernel 2.6.29, gnome-power-manager
2.28.2-1, hal 0.5.14-1 and dbus 1.2.16-1. I'm dual-booting this
machine with Ubuntu 9.04 which uses kernel 2.6.28 and older versions
of all the other apps/libs/daemons yet gpm behaves properly despite
using the same settings and being an older version.

I have noticed this issue is mentioned in the gpm FAQ but it doesn't
actually tell you what to do about it:

http://live.gnome.org/GnomePowerManager/FAQ#Why_does_my_lid_state_get_confused_after_suspending_or_hibernating.3F_.28and.29_My_laptop_suspended_when_I_didn.27t_expect_it_to_when_I_removed_the_power_cord.21

It says:

"What we have to do is manually refresh the lid device using HAL when
we resume, so that the new "lid open" value is propagated to
gnome-power-manager. Please make sure you use a new HAL (greater than
0.5.7)."

I'm using a version of HAL greater than 0.5.7 under Arch where I'm
having the problem, so how do I 'manually refresh the lid device using
HAL when we resume, so that the new "lid open" value is propagated to
gnome-power-manager.'? However you do this should be added to the FAQ
or at least provide a link to the instructions on how to do this.

Thanks for your help!

Dan