[gpm] power manager reporting incorrect battery lifetime

Hi, I'm running Ubuntu 7.10 on a Dell Latitude D610 laptop. When I point at the Power Manager icon in my Gnome panel, the little popup box tells me the battery "Provides 37793 hours 5 minutes battery runtime". Obviously this can't be right. I tried running gnome-power-bugreport.sh but I get an error message: "Badly placed ()'s." Power Manager says it's version is 2.20.0.

Thanks,
Chuck