Re: [gpm] Display Brightness Control on Compaq Presario F700 / HP6000

Thanks!

maybe you gave me that link just to make your point about the lack of
ACPI compliancy on backlight control... but nevertheless I tested the
method for HP it and it does not work.

There is no "Generic ACPI compliant driver for everything" already
implemented to test on new hardware from which information is still
unknown? I mean, having in mind that the old way to backlight dimming
is not working, maybe HP actually, in their newer models, started to
use ACPI standards for backlight?

In fact I imagine I'm already using a generic ACPI driver for AC/DC,
buttons, etc compiled in the kernel.. but I couldn't find anything
related to a "generic ACPI backlight control" in the kernel config.

In case that this generic driver is still not implemented, it is ok to
assume that ACPI standards concerning backlight control will be
ignored forever?

PS: I'm very sorry to bother busy people asking a lot of questions,
but if I'll have to live with this LCD stucked at maximum brightness
(and that implies from more eyestrain to less battery power and tube
lifespan) at least I'd like to feel I did everything I could to live
without it n.n (yes, I'm the most worried person about high LCD
brightness in the world =)

Thanks again.