Re: [gpm] Changing Backlight

On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 21:16 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Okay, initial review:
>
> > +       gboolean                 old_system_is_idle;
> > +       gboolean                 old_on_ac;
>
> Is this "I used to be on AC before I was dimmed"?

More, when I evaluated everything last time, was the AC on?  Then when
reevaluating we can look to see if that status has changed.

> > +               /* Never let going on battery turn off the display */
> > +               if (brightness + scale < 0.05f) {
> > +                       scale = 0.05f - brightness;
>
> Turn off the display? Why is <5% off? 0% should be "low dim" not "off".

I thought 0 was off.  If it is low dim then it'd be fine.  I just didn't
want unplugging the AC to cause the backlight to turn off.  So then when
I press the brightness keys on my laptop do it go to 0, and then turn on
DPMS?

		--Ted