Re: [gpm] Support for brightness_in_hardware hal property

Hi

> Can you retry svn head please? Thanks.

Thanks, that fixed the segfault. OTOH there are a couple of problems
with my patch now - the new g-p-m prefers to use xrandr to set the
brightness, which means that my changes no longer have any effect on the
Eee.

If I force the use of HAL in gpm_brightness_init(), the brightness
buttons work properly, but the feedback widget doesn't appear on the
screen.

I'm not sure what is the correct way to solve this problem. If xrandr is
now the preferred way, what is the best way to tell it that brightness
buttons work in hardware?

Best regards
Tomaz