[gpm] adjusting monitor brightness with power manager

hi!

How can i use gnome-power-manager to adjust the monitor brightness?

My question is because i installed Ubuntu 6.06 into a MacBook (the white one) and i can't adjust that monitor brightness, which is too much for me, and i'm affraid of becoming blind from it...

I tried also console commands similar to xgamma, but i found nothing, and from xgamma the result is not that desired...

thanks and regards,
Paulo Silva