Re: [gpm] (more) useful popups

> I appreciate what you are trying to do, but there's two problems with
> this approach:
>
> * "action" is untranslated
> * This assumes we can translated the "Will X in X if..." in the correct
> order. Most of the time tenses or other parts of the sentence change, so
> you have to be really careful optimizing stuff.
>
> I will split the sentences up, as the first is common.
>
> Does this make sense?
>
> Richard.

Yes, it does. My thoughts were in the line of a first step of not doing
strcmp(). But that would require quite a few changes:

#define ACTION_SUSPEND 0x1

if ( action & ACTION_SUSPEND ) {
	get_action_str(ACTION_SUSPEND).
}

This would make simpler comparisons, IMHO, and you could translate
action i guess. But that would still leave the part you mentioned about
tenses and sentences, which have no easy workaround, even for
translation. So your approach makes code more readable and modifiable.
And manageable for translation.

Alfredo.