Re: [gpm] (more) useful popups

On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 09:06 +0000, Alfredo Matos wrote:
> +               } else if ( (strcmp (action, ACTION_SUSPEND) == 0) ||
> +                           (strcmp (action, ACTION_HIBERNATE) == 0)
> +                           (strcmp (action, ACTION_SHUTDOWN) == 0) )
> +                               message = g_strdup_printf (_("You have
> approximately <b>%s</b> of remaining battery life (%d%%). "
> +                                                    "This computer
> will %s in %s if the AC is not connected."),
> +                                                  remaining,
> unit->percentage, action, critical_time_text);

I appreciate what you are trying to do, but there's two problems with
this approach:

* "action" is untranslated
* This assumes we can translated the "Will X in X if..." in the correct
order. Most of the time tenses or other parts of the sentence change, so
you have to be really careful optimizing stuff.

I will split the sentences up, as the first is common.

Does this make sense?