Re: [gpm] Configuring what happens when

Andrew schrieb:
Hi,

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander Skwar [mailto:listen alexander skwar name]
Sent: Wednesday, July 5, 2006 07:21 PM
Cc: gnome-power-manager-list gnome org

But as it is right now, there's no way to configure the system, is there?
I mean, the only way would be to edit one of the scripts; /etc/acpi/hibernate.sh,
I'd suppose, as that's in /etc.

Or is there any other way?

Sorry if this doesn't get threaded properly,

No worries.

but the answer is that you want to add a custom fdi file to set the hibernate method to be /usr/sbin/hibernate. (or what ever)

At least on FC5 those are located in /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy. The actual string is set in /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendor/10-power-mgmt-policy.fdi. You should add a fdi policy file to override that. You shouldn't need to change the file shipped, but that might be easiest way to test (although you would need to restart both hal and gpm). You might try doing a hal-set-property. You might have to call it four times to replace the hibernate value since it's the second item. --strlist-rem "hal-system-power-suspend" --strlist-rem "hal-system-power-hibernate"
--strlist-pre "/usr/sbin/hibernate"
--strlist-pre "/hal-system-power-suspend"

I did this and checked the result by running:

alexander knospe:~$ lshal --long --show /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer \
  | grep org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.SystemPowerManagement.method_execpaths

This returned the wanted result - /usr/sbin/hibernate was on 2nd place.

Then I rebooted and when I now do a lshal, I see that the value is reset
to the default value.

How can I make it so, that the changes done with hal-set-property
last? Or would I actually have to modify the fdi file?

Alexander Skwar
--
Vaterland nennt der Staat immer dann, wenn er sich anschickt, auf
Menschenmord auszugehen.