Re: [gpm] Configuring what happens when

Hi,

Sorry if this doesn't get threaded properly, but the answer is that you want to add a custom fdi file to set the hibernate method to be /usr/sbin/hibernate. (or what ever)

At least on FC5 those are located in /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy.  The actual string is set in /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendor/10-power-mgmt-policy.fdi.

You should add a fdi policy file to override that.  You shouldn't need to change the file shipped, but that might be easiest way to test (although you would need to restart both hal and gpm).  You might try doing a hal-set-property.  You might have to call it four times to replace the hibernate value since it's the second item.
--strlist-rem "hal-system-power-suspend"
--strlist-rem "hal-system-power-hibernate"
--strlist-pre "/usr/sbin/hibernate"
--strlist-pre "/hal-system-power-suspend"

I'm only guessing at the --strlist* syntax as I've not tried this myself, but you should be able to make the hal-set-property to work for you...

Issuing hal-set-property without any arguments will give you the syntax help.
If you do change your fdi file make sure you make a backup first ;-)

Andrew