Re: [gpm] Configuring what happens when "hibernate" should be done

Alexander Skwar schrieb:

Or is there any other way?

Hm. Would the correct way be, that the key "org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.SystemPowerManagement.method_execpaths"
under udi "/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer" is modified?
I'm thinking about specifying a script of my own there; namely
/usr/sbin/hibernate :) How would this be done? I'd like to exchange
"hal-system-power-hibernate" by "/usr/sbin/hibernate". I discovered,
that I'm able to add/remove items to string lists with hal-set-property.
With

$ hal-set-property --udi /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer \
  --key org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.SystemPowerManagement.method_execpaths \
  --strlist-post /usr/sbin/hibernate

I added /usr/sbin/hibernate to the end of the string list. But I guess
it needs to be 2nd in the list, doesn't it? I suppose so, as "Hibernate"
in key org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.SystemPowerManagement.method_names is
also 2nd.

How do I get my new strlist item to be 2nd? Do I really have to remove all
the other items in the strlist? Are there more comfortable tools for
modifying hal? :)

And suppose I'd get /usr/sbin/hibernate to be 2nd in the strlist - would
this even work? I mean, can I specify full paths there, or is it a MUST
that scripts are in /usr/share/hal/scripts/?

Thanks again,
Alexander