[gpm] Configuring what happens when "hibernate" should be done

Hi!

First of, I'm using g-p-m on Ubuntu Dapper 6.0.6. I'd like to make
my system "hibernate" using the /usr/sbin/hibernate script, when
I push the power button for a short time. When I push this button,
an ACPI "power button" event is raised. As g-p-m *is* running, I
suppose that g-p-m will then hibernate the system. I suppose that's
done by executing "/usr/sbin/pmi action hibernate" which will
in turn call "/etc/acpi/hibernate.sh force", which will eventually
do

echo -n $HIBERNATE_MODE >/sys/power/disk
echo -n "disk" >/sys/power/state

Thus, the hibernate script/program is not used.

Now, I'm actually not quite clear if what I wrote above *IS* correct.
I think it might be correct, as "/usr/sbin/pmi action hibernate" is
configured as the HibernateCommand in gdm.conf. Is this actually the
place, where also g-p-m gets it configuration from? If not, where else?

And what would I need to do, so that g-p-m executes /usr/sbin/hibernate
when the system is asked to go in hibernation mode (ie. suspend-to-disk)?

I can of course modify /etc/acpi/hibernate.sh - but that seems *soo*
un-Gnome, so much manual work. Is this really the way it's supposed
to be done?

Thanks,

Alexander Skwar
--
Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants.
		-- General Omar N. Bradley