Re: future of gnome-pilot, or lack of it

I had actually asked on the SyncEvolution mailing list how to sync and
since my m130 doesn't have network capability (serial or usb only), I
would have to pay for software to enable faking it being a network device
in order for SyncEvolution to work.

As for Evolution and J-Pilot, it's strictly a J-Pilot -> Evolution sync.
Maybe somebody else can sync the other way. From J-Pilot, you can export
calendars in 'iCalendar' format and address books in 'vCard (Optimized for
GMail/Android Import)' format (Evolution doesn't recognize J-Pilot's
'vCard' export, has to be the optimized one).  On the Evolution side, you
do an import.  In the case of the calendar appointments, it looks like you
can import the entire file and Evolution will only add new appointments
(won't add appointments that already exist -- don't know if it deletes
appointments that changed, but I would think not).  For the address book,
I delete all the contacts before importing so as to not double up.

Adam