Re: Transferring settings to a new device

Hi, thanks for the replies

Matt Davey wrote:
> You should be able to use the 'restore' feature in gnome-pilot.  I don't
> have an install to hand, but as far as I remember you can right-click on
> the sync icon on your desktop bar and select "restore..."

That should work, I thought "restore" was only for the same device where
the backup came from (same ID).

@Oon-Ee Ng: I have located an nvbackup install file, I didn't now it. I
wonder if it does more than the regular Gnome-Pilot backup tool.

> Alternatively, I believe that if you just attempt a sync, gnome-pilot
> will see an unrecognised ID and ask if you want to do a restore.  If you
> have multiple palms known to gnome-pilot it'll let you choose one to
> restore.

This won't harm to test, as the target Palm device will be empty.

> Personally, I'd backup your gnome-pilot directory first, just in case!

Sure!

> Impressive you still have a functioning device.  You've outlasted me by
> a few years at this stage :)

I have several! A faithful Palm Treo 680 which I use (but the "o" key is
becoming lazy), a TX and possibly somewhere in the house my old M515.
Feel free ti make me an offer ;-)

Note that I have not received the replacement device, I just wanted to
check how to avoid mistakes.

> Matt

Regards,
--