Re: [OT] Compiling CryptoPadSlicer

On Sun, 2010-02-07 at 00:21 -0500, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 12:25 AM, Bruce Schultz <bruce schultz gmail com> wrote:
> > cryptops.c: In function ʽrw_recordʼ:
> > cryptops.c:119: error: too many arguments to function
> > ʽdlp_ReadRecordByIndexʼ
> > cryptops.c: In function ʽmainʼ:
> > cryptops.c:292: error: too many arguments to function ʽpi_bindʼ
>
> This app is > 5 years old, and so much has changed in pilot-link from
> that time, that this would have to be ported over... buffers have
> changed, the underlying API has changed, even the way the Palm devices
> are connected to the socket has changed quite a bit. It might be
> easier to just rewrite it from the ground up, vs. trying to bring all
> of the legacy code to current.

Another alternative is to download and compile pilot-pink 0.11.8 from
http://gentoo.oregonstate.edu/distfiles/pilot-link-0.11.8.tar.bz2
and point cryptopadslicer at this version of p-l when building.  I was
able to get CryptoPadSlicer working on ubuntu 8.04 very easily (although
had no files to test it on).

You might have trouble compiling p-l 0.11.8 on more recent versions of
linux.  For Ubuntu 8.10, I had to edit two files: change "iostream.h" to
"iostream" in ccexample.cc, and change "open(filename, O_WRONLY |
O_CREAT | O_TRUNC)" to "open(filename, O_WRONLY | O_CREAT | O_TRUNC,
0644)" in pilot-schlep.c.  pilot-xfer then crashed with a buffer overrun
detected when starting up, but you might be able to run CryptoPadSlicer
in offline mode.

Matt