Re: [OT] Compiling CryptoPadSlicer

On 06/02/10 09:46, Stuart Luppescu wrote:
> Sorry if this is off topic, but I don't know where else to turn.
>
> I've been using CryptoPad on my Palm M515 for many years. It contains
> all my vital information. Since the palm device is probably about 5
> years old by now, it could reach EOL at any time. Because of this I have
> been struck by the fear that some day all of a sudden I could not access
> any of the information in CryptoPad.
>
> Luckily, there is an app, CryptoPadSlicer, that will decrypt my saved
> data. However, I can't get it to compile. I get these errors:
>
> cryptops.c:17:20: error: pi-dlp.h: No such file or directory
> cryptops.c:18:21: error: pi-file.h: No such file or directory
> cryptops.c:19:23: error: pi-socket.h: No such file or directory
> cryptops.c:20:24: error: pi-appinfo.h: No such file or directory
> cryptops.c: In function 'rw_record':
> cryptops.c:106: error: 'pi_uid_t' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> cryptops.c:106: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> cryptops.c:106: error: for each function it appears in.)
> cryptops.c:106: error: expected ';' before 'uidp'

I'd never heard of CryptopadSlicer before, downloaded it and got the
same errors, plus lots of warnings. Looks like its written for an old
version of pilot-link. I found this thread:
http://lists.pilot-link.org/pipermail/pilot-link-devel/2005-May/001371.html

I changed cryptops.c, replacing pi_uid_t with recordid_t, and it your
errors above. But I still had these errors (and a heap of warnings).

cryptops.c: In function ‘rw_record’:
cryptops.c:119: error: too many arguments to function
‘dlp_ReadRecordByIndex’
cryptops.c: In function ‘main’:
cryptops.c:292: error: too many arguments to function ‘pi_bind’