Re: Problems syncing calendar and addressbook with Treo 680

Hello Matt-

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 7:29 AM, Matt Davey <mcdavey mrao cam ac uk> wrote:

> I've played around a bit, and I can't figure out where, if anywhere,
> the 'exclude from sync' setting might be toggled (or used).  It is
> possible that it is an obsolete flag that gnome-pilot should be
> ignoring.  I've asked a question on the pilot-link-devel list,
> and we'll see if any info surfaces there.  It's odd that no one seems
> to have run into this issue before, to my knowledge.
>
> The solution is almost certainly to re-compile gnome-pilot from source,
> changing manager.c to remove the check on the "dlpDBMiscFlagExcludeFromSync".
> If you are on Ubuntu and need some tips on compiling from source, take a
> look here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-pilot/+bug/349650/comments/21
>
> I know, not the answer you were hoping for :(

Well, I did say I would help debug ;-)

I followed those instructions (thanks for the link, I'm more of an rpm
guy so those were helpful on this Ubuntu laptop). I commented the "if"
statement as below:

$ diff manager.c.orig gnome-pilot-2.0.17/gpilotd/manager.c
363,364c363,364
< 		/* check if the base is marked as being excluded from sync */
< 		if (!(PI_DBINFO (dbinfo)->miscFlags & dlpDBMiscFlagExcludeFromSync)) {
---
> //		/* check if the base is marked as being excluded from sync */
> //		if (!(PI_DBINFO (dbinfo)->miscFlags & dlpDBMiscFlagExcludeFromSync)) {
393,396c393,396
< 		} else {
< 			LOG (("Base %s is to be ignored by sync", PI_DBINFO (dbinfo)->name));
< 			continue;
< 		}
---
> //		} else {
> //			LOG (("Base %s is to be ignored by sync", PI_DBINFO (dbinfo)->name));
> //			continue;
> //		}
$

and it indeed copied my Datebook/Calendar from the Treo to the proper
calendar in Evolution as instructed. Presumably the
Addressbook/Contacts will work as well now.

Can you confirm the above the appropriate long term solution before I
sync up the contacts and start syncing on a regular basis?

Thanks, this is great!

Chris