Re: sync with palm tx excludes "Location" field from appointments

On Sun, 2009-03-15 at 15:47 +0000, Nicholas Piper wrote:
> Isaac,
>
> On Sat, 14 Mar 2009, Isaac Emesowum wrote:
>
> > I've noticed that when I sync my palm t|x with gnome-pilot and Evolution
> > my appointment Locations are not synced. I've entered the location in
> > the palm's UI and Evolution's appointment UI; this information is not
> > synced either way. I'm doing a wifi sync on an internal network. I'm
> > assuming gpilotd on port 14238 is doing the sync work.
>
> > I'd like to help get this supported. Could someone point me to the
> > location in pilot-link(?) source that might deal with this? I'm a
> > developer, but I've never contributed patches and am not familiar with
> > the process. I'm also willing to do some testing to help current
> > developers who are supporting gnome-pilot or pilot-link.
>
> Probably, you need to have your Evolution conduit read a different
> database. pilot-link supports the one you want, the 'ContactsDB-PAdd'
> database. The current conduit is
> http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/evolution/trunk/addressbook/conduit/address-conduit.c?view=log
> and you'll need to write a new one that instead of using
> http://cvs.pilot-link.org/include/pi-address.h?view=log uses
> http://cvs.pilot-link.org/include/pi-contact.h?view=log - it's
> very similar, just the structures have some more attributes (including
> Location.)
>
>  Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your help :)

However, there already is a calendar conduit under
http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/evolution/trunk/calendar/conduits/calendar/calendar-conduit.c?view=log.

Keep in mind that the conduit being synced is the calendar. I'm trying
to sync an appointment and the "Location" field isn't showing. I'm
thinking that is handled by the calendar conduit.
I'm looking into calendar-conduit.c.

Thanks,
Isaac