Treo 680 won't seem to take Evolution data

I recently installed Intrepid and for the most part things have gone pretty well
between gnome-Pilot, my 680, and Evolution -- in fact much more nicely than
they ever went with my Treo and Suse 9(.1?)

one very annoying problem, however: I have been able to move appointments tasks
and (and everything else) to Evolution from the Treo -- however I can't seem to
get the Treo to accept appointments I've made in Evo's calendar.

under gnome-pilot I have

 Conduit Actions

   Action: Synchronize
   One time action: None

 Conduit Settings
   Sync with Personal
   and Sync Private Records and
   Split Multi-Day Events are both checked

one thing I've noticed is after an (unsuccessful) sync, the Conduit Settings are
reset/blanked out.

-rafe t.