RE: gnome-pilot 2.0.17 released

On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 05:01 -0800, Reitsma, Rene - COB wrote:
> Matt,
>
> Thanks for the gnome-pilot 2.0.17 announcement. I was hoping it would
> fix my long-term HAL/Z22 problem and immediately tried installing it. I
> run Fedora 9 (2.6.27.9-73.fc9.i686) and the gnome-pilot 'configure
> script' complains about pi-version.h lacking (I yum erased gnome-pilot
> 2.0.16 before trying the install)
>
> I googled this a bit and saw some posts saying that pi-version.h is part
> of pilot-link. However, 'yum info pilot-link' says that I have pilot
> link installed just fine (version 0.12.3 release16.fc9).
>
> Can you shed light on this?

Sure.  pi-version.h will be part of the "development" package for
pilot-link.  On fedora, this means installing 'pilot-link-devel'
corresponding to your pilot-link package.  See, for example:
http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/fedora/9/i386/pilot-link-devel-0.12.3-13.fc9.i386.html

There will probably be some other packages you need to install "-devel"
versions for before you can build from source.

Matt