Re: Treo 680 won't seem to take Evolution data

On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 13:12 -0500, ray field wrote:
> I recently installed Intrepid and for the most part things have gone pretty well
> between gnome-Pilot, my 680, and Evolution -- in fact much more nicely than
> they ever went with my Treo and Suse 9(.1?)
>
> one very annoying problem, however: I have been able to move appointments tasks
> and (and everything else) to Evolution from the Treo -- however I can't seem to
> get the Treo to accept appointments I've made in Evo's calendar.
>
> under gnome-pilot I have
>
>  Conduit Actions
>
>    Action: Synchronize
>    One time action: None
>
>  Conduit Settings
>    Sync with Personal
>    and Sync Private Records and
>    Split Multi-Day Events are both checked
>
> one thing I've noticed is after an (unsuccessful) sync, the Conduit Settings are
> reset/blanked out.

Hmmm.  Nothing springing to mind here.  For the record, what version of
evolution/evolution-data-server/pilot-link(libpisock)/gnome-pilot are
you running?

Also, can you run gpilotd in a terminal window and then sync?  What
console output do you get?

To run gpilotd in a terminal window:
     1. remove pilot applet from taskbar
     2. killall gpilotd
     3. /usr/bin/gpilotd

Matt Davey		The journey of a thousand miles begins with
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk	       	    a broken fan belt and a leaky tire.