Re: Gnome-pilot for non-PalmOS devices

On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 01:23 -0500, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 10:23 +1100, Andrew Greig wrote:
> > We really need one good app that will handle PalmOS and Windows mobile
> > with Linux, and with Nokia's direction we need to make sure that Linux
> > can work with Linux.  Unlike that awful set up in the Sharp Zaurus
> > with Linux OS - Windows sync was excellent, Linux synch was appalling.
>
> OpenSync is what you seek.
>
> http://www.opensync.org/
>
> KitchenSync is based on it:
>
> http://www.opensync.org/wiki/kitchensync

Hi David,

I ran urpmi and installed the kitchensync packages on my computer.  The
Palm Sync went well under the visor module.  Haven't tried to use libusb
yet, not particularly confident of success there.

In the old multisync there was a synce-multisync_plugin.  Is there a
Windows Mobile plugin for kitchensync or OpenSync?

Andrew Greig
Melbourne, Australia