Re: Problems with file conduit and Treo 680

On Sat, 2007-09-22 at 13:38 -0500, Trey Blancher wrote:

> I made sure gpilotd had been killed before I ran pilot-xfer.  And I do
> hear the sound (with gpilot-applet).  And I know the connection works,
> because if I kill the gpilot-applet (and the file transfer), normal
> syncs work.  So that means the modules usbserial and visor are loaded.
> lsmod proves it:
>
> > lsmod | grep visor
> > visor                  23564  1
> > usbserial              37488  3 visor
> > usbcore               154416  11 visor,usbserial,lmpcm_usb,xpad,usblp,usbhid,ehci_hcd,uhci_hcd
>
> But as a final test, I tried it again... and pilot-xfer worked!  I did
> have to hit the HotSync button just before I ran pilot-xfer.  I guess my
> timing had been off before.  So I know it's transferring files.  Maybe
> my timing was wrong with gpilot-install-file, as well?
>
> Thanks!

I have the same timing issues with a Treo 700p, but worse, because if I
don't pause the gpilotd daemon before plugging in to charge (no
hotsync), it infinite-loops.  With pilot-xfer, I need to hit hotsync 1-5
seconds before running pilot-xfer.  This is with libusb instead of
visor, I can't get visor to work at all with the 700p.

If it works on Windows (which I assume it does), then it's not a matter
of your timing being wrong, but a bug in pilot-xfer.  I don't know
enough to diagnose further, but would be happy to provide test feedback
with a Treo 700 if others do...

-Adam

Engineering consulting using open source tools
http://www.opennovation.com/