Re: MAL conduit doesn't work

Hi,

Ridiculously tardy response (almost 8 months) but here goes.

On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 14:12 -0500, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 12:03 -0600, Stuart Luppescu wrote:
> > For some reason, the MAL conduit hasn't worked since last summer. In
> > fact, trying to sync with MAL used to crash gpilotd, so I disabled it. I
> > recently upgraded to gnome-pilot (and conduits) 2.0.15 so I tried MAL
> > again. It didn't crash, but I'm now getting these messages:
>
> I'm sure it hasn't been ported to the changes in pilot-link 0.12.x that
> have been released in the last handful of versions. Quite a lot has
> changed and mal needs to be updated.

The mal-conduit code in gnome-pilot was forked years ago and was updated
in time for gnome-pilot-conduits 2.0.15.

> > I checked my user name and password on the avantgo web site, and made
> > sure they were what was entered in the Avantgo settings dialog on my
> > Palm, but no success.

I have just dusted off my avantgo setup and successfully synced with
gnome-pilot 2.0.15.  Make sure you are using an up to date version of
libmal.prc, avantgo.prc and MobileLink.prc which you can get from the
Avantgo website (just install the windows .exe and you'll find the .prc
files installed under the Avantgo folder).  The OS4 versions I used to
use crashed on my OS5 Clie.  After installation I opened up the
AGConnect app on the palm and put in 'sync.avantgo.com' on port 80,
filled out my username and password, and successfully synced.

Hope it works for you,

Matt

Matt Davey	Numeric stability isn't that important when you're guessing.
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk