Home < - > Office Sync

Well, I don't think I've missed any replies, so here goes mine.

Sorry if I *did* miss a reply and this is a waste of everyone's
time!

Daniel Rindt  wrote:
Hello List,
iam using Zire31 with gpilot :). My Question is, can i sync on 2 Places
without Problems? I want sync in Office to Zire and at Home and back.
Is that possible without Problems?

I think you mean - can you sync at home to one computer, and then sync at work
with a different computer, and will you have problems.

Lets consider the situation.

Say that the Zire has items a, b, and c. When you start, Home has none of the file,s
and neither does work.  You sync at home, now :

Zire     a, b, c
Home: a, b, c
Work: <empty>

Now, you go to work and sync, so work has a, b,c

Now, you change 'a' on the Zire, and sync at work:

Zire:    a1, b, c
Home: a,  b, c
Work, a1, b, c

Now, you go home and change 'b', then sync:

Zire:    a1, b1, c
Home: a1, b1, c
Work: a1, b,   c

Zire:     a1, b1, c1
Home:  a1, b1, c
Work:  a1, b1, c1

Note that, as long as you do not change the files on home or work, you are pretty safe here. So, what happens if you start changing the files on the 'backup' machines (the
non-zires)?

Starting from the above, lets go home and change c there (creating c'), then sync.

OOPS!  We just wrote c', which loses the changes we made to get c1!

Probably not what you wanted :-)

Hope this helps, and isn't TOO far off the mark!

--
Credence Corporate Disclaimer, added automagically to all outbound
email, sorry:

This transmission is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. You are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this transmission by someone other than the intended addressee or its designated agent is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify this company immediately by reply to this transmission and delete it from your computer. Thank You. Credence Systems Corporation.