MAL conduit doesn't work

For some reason, the MAL conduit hasn't worked since last summer. In
fact, trying to sync with MAL used to crash gpilotd, so I disabled it. I
recently upgraded to gnome-pilot (and conduits) 2.0.15 so I tried MAL
again. It didn't crash, but I'm now getting these messages:

MALconduit-Message: MALconduit 0.9-2.0.4
MALconduit-Message: TASK : Connection successful...
MALsync Invalid login.  Please check your username and password and try
again.
cancelled = false, verbose = 0

I checked my user name and password on the avantgo web site, and made
sure they were what was entered in the Avantgo settings dialog on my
Palm, but no success.

Anyone know what's going on?

TIA.
--
Stuart Luppescu -=-=- slu <AT> ccsr <DOT> uchicago <DOT> edu
CCSR at U of C ,.;-*^*-;.,  ccsr.uchicago.edu