Tre 755:

Sorry for taking so long to get back to this issue.  I have been out of
town and I have not checked my email until I returned.

As for my Treo 755p and using gPilot, when I connect the USB cable to my
computer (no cradle), I execute the gPilot which says that this is the
first time and that it needs to identify my pilot and that I need to
press the sync button on the cradle.

When I push the sync button on the USB cable, nothing happens.  It
eventually times out on the palm pilot (Treo 755p) end while gPilot
continues looking for my connection.