Re: Tre 755:

On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 18:57 -0400, Jeff Maxwell wrote:
> Sorry for taking so long to get back to this issue.  I have been out of
> town and I have not checked my email until I returned.
>
> As for my Treo 755p and using gPilot, when I connect the USB cable to my
> computer (no cradle), I execute the gPilot which says that this is the
> first time and that it needs to identify my pilot and that I need to
> press the sync button on the cradle.
>
> When I push the sync button on the USB cable, nothing happens.  It
> eventually times out on the palm pilot (Treo 755p) end while gPilot
> continues looking for my connection.

Please answer a few questions for us, like:
      * What distribution are you using?  e.g. Ubuntu 7.04, SUSE 10.1
        etc.
      * Do your versions of the kernel, libusb, pilot-link, gnome-pilot
        differ from the stock versions provided with your distribution?
      * What do relevant logs show, e.g. /var/log/syslog?

Also, please see the thread "Newbie questions" on syncing a 700p, it
might help to resolve your problem with the 755p.

Cheers,
-Adam

http://www.take6.com/albums/greatesthits.html