Fwd from Evolution list - Palm Life Drive Synch under usb:

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>
To: andrewlgreig netscape net
Cc: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Strange sync behaviour in Evo.
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 15:14:18 +0200

Le lundi 27 ao�07 �2:48 +1000, andrewlgreig netscape net a �it :

http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Releases/Mandriva/2007/Notes#PalmOS_based_PDAs

> Dear Frederic,
>
> This synching with the visor module has been successful, but a
bug-buddy
> report suggests that it is failing at the end of the syncg.  My
> Calendars appear to be up to date, and I have lost no Contacts, but I
am
> interested in doing this better.
>
> If we were not meant to run the visor script, why is it still in
> the /etc/dynamic/scripts directory?

It isn't called anymore, so it doesn't matter if it is still there or
not.

> Now that I have visor module loaded, how do I get back to the libusb
> idea?

By undoing what you did to get visor module loaded.

> Do I need to remove the usbserial and the visor modules? What should I
> put in the device tab of the synch preferences?  It shows usb:  should
> it be usb:0 or usb:1 or just usb:   ?

usb:

> I was not able to get this running using this setting before I loaded
> the visor module. Should I remove the visor script
> from /etc/dynamic/scripts directory?  Perhaps that script is hijacking
> the usb bus somehow.

No, this script won't do a thing if module isn't loaded.

> The reference in the release notes, for which you provided the link,
are
> not clear.  They merely state the case, but do not instruct in the
> alternative method.

Because this "method" is no longer supported by Mandriva.

Please, move this conversation to gnome-pilot list.

Andrew Greig now writes,

I have been unable to determine whether I should be running ehci_hcd or
uhci_hcd or ohci_hcd to get the Palm LifeDrive to work with Evolution
using usb: as the device.

I have tried each one of these on its own, and without the visor module
loaded.

Here is the output of lsusb
[root localhost rules.d]# lsusb
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 046d:c03d Logitech, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 004 Device 008: ID 0830:0061 Palm, Inc.
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

And the last output of lsmod:

[root localhost rules.d]# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
ohci_hcd               18820  0
i810                   18144  2
drm                    62420  3 i810
nfsd                  216100  9
exportfs                5408  1 nfsd
lockd                  56168  2 nfsd
nfs_acl                 3680  1 nfsd
usblp                  12192  0
rpcsec_gss_krb5         8616  0
auth_rpcgss            36576  1 rpcsec_gss_krb5
des                    17984  0
sunrpc                137308  6
nfsd,lockd,nfs_acl,rpcsec_gss_krb5,auth_rpcgss
e100                   31140  0
mii                     5568  1 e100
snd_seq_dummy           3492  0
snd_seq_oss            31168  0
snd_seq_midi_event      6944  1 snd_seq_oss
snd_seq                49232  5
snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi_event
snd_seq_device          7052  3 snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq
snd_pcm_oss            40192  0
snd_mixer_oss          15904  1 snd_pcm_oss
af_packet              17768  2
snd_intel8x0           29212  1
snd_ac97_codec         96708  1 snd_intel8x0
snd_ac97_bus            2720  1 snd_ac97_codec
snd_pcm                69892  3 snd_pcm_oss,snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec
snd_timer              19396  2 snd_seq,snd_pcm
snd_page_alloc          8552  2 snd_intel8x0,snd_pcm
ipv6                  237088  14
snd                    46276  11
snd_seq_oss,snd_seq,snd_seq_device,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm,snd_timer
soundcore               7936  1 snd
rfcomm                 33236  0
l2cap                  21088  5 rfcomm
bluetooth              43108  4 rfcomm,l2cap
video                  13796  0
thermal                11112  0
processor              21288  1 thermal
fan                     3908  0
container               3840  0
button                  5648  0
battery                 8132  0
ac                      4164  0
ide_cd                 35616  0
binfmt_misc             9704  1
loop                   15208  0
nls_cp437               6304  1
vfat                   10944  1
fat                    47356  1 vfat
nls_utf8                2496  2
ntfs                  267196  1
supermount             33968  1
dm_mod                 49560  0
sg                     30584  0
aic7xxx               176276  0
scsi_transport_spi     22368  1 aic7xxx
scsi_mod              118824  3 sg,aic7xxx,scsi_transport_spi
floppy                 55108  0
hw_random               5560  0
intel_agp              22684  1
agpgart                27048  3 drm,intel_agp
tsdev                   6880  0
evdev                   8672  1
usbmouse                5024  0
usbhid                 50304  0
usbcore               113344  5 ohci_hcd,usblp,usbmouse,usbhid
xfs                   571192  7

Could someone put me on the right track, please?

Mandriva 2007.1 P3 866MHz 512 RAM

Many thanks

Andrew Greig
Melbourne, Australia