Re: can't sync with Tungsten T2

On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 20:13 +1000, daz wrote:
> I had read somewhere that it always gets 2 connections and always uses
> the odd numbered tty's for the sync and as a consequence I never tried
> 0.

Every USB Palm device presents two endpoints to the OS itself. One of
these is used for synchronization...

The problem is that there is no standard for which endpoint is the
"right" one, so it is very device-specific (hence the need for the udev
rules to build that symlink to /dev/pilot)

Some devices use 0, some devices use 1.. if you're going to point
directly to the "raw" device node in /dev/, you'll just have to
experiment and get the timing right until you figure out which one it
is.

--
David A. Desrosiers
desrod gnu-designs com