Re: Tre 755

On Wed, 2007-08-15 at 07:55 -0400, Jeff Maxwell wrote:
> Has anyone had any luck getting the new Treo 755p to connect under
> Linux?
>
> I am running Fedora 7 and in attempting to run the gPilot set up to
> establish the connection, the Treo times out.  gPilot never gets
> connected.
>
> I've tried different settings - using USB etc.

I haven't heard anything specific about the 755p.

Here's the standard list of things to try:
1. Check the system logs to see what has happened when your Treo
   attempts to sync.  On Fedora 7 you should probably see something like
     visor 1-1:1.0: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter detected
     usb 1-1: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now attached to ttyUSB0
     usb 1-1: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now attached to ttyUSB1
     usbcore: registered new interface driver visor
     drivers/usb/serial/visor.c: USB HandSpring Visor / Palm OS driver
   this shows that the device has been detected and that a sync to
   ttyUSB0 or ttyUSB1 should work.
2. Try and get 'pilot-xfer -p /dev/ttyUSB0 -L' to work,
   or maybe ttyUSB1.  Before trying this, stop gnome-pilot: remove
   the applet from the panel and do 'killall gpilotd'.
3. If pilot-xfer connects and gives you a list of files, then you
   should be able to put the same device name ("/dev/ttyUSBx") into
   the gnome-pilot configuration applet and connect.

Let us know if this gets you going, or which step fails if not.

Matt Davey          A woman walks into a Cocktail Bar and asks the Barman
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk     for a Double Entendre.  So he gives her one.