Re: 2x Sync Evolution for 2 different profiles

Le mercredi 22 février 2006 à 16:39 +0000, Matt Davey a écrit :
On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 18:48 +0100, Guillaume Lecanu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks again for your very usefull works with gnome-pilot :-)
>
> I have 2 profiles under Evolution, one for me and one for my business.
>
> I want to know if it's possible to have 2 conduits ECalendar into
> gnome-pilot applet.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply :)

What exactly are you trying to achieve?  Do you want multiple palm
devices, one for each conduit/profile pair, or do you have just one palm
device?
I have just one palm device

  If you've only got one palm device, is it possible to use the
'categories' field in the evolution contacts to control where it appears
on your palm device?
Yes but this is my problem, I have 2 profiles into Evolutions : Personnal and Business.
So, in the conduit ECalendar I can only choose one of theses 2 profile but I'm searching a way to synchronize my 2 profiles at the same time to my palm device.

> The goal is to configure like this :
> 1st conduit ECalendar :
>     => sync only with 'personnal' profil
>
> 2nd conduit ECalendar :
>   => sync only with 'business' profil
>
> I know if I do that, I can't ask to really sync in the 2 ways (palm
> <=> evolution) because personnal data will be sent to business (vice &
> versa).
> But I'll configure it to only do a copy evolution => palm and not
> evolution <=> palm.

The short answer is that there's no way to do it (that I'm aware of) and
that you'd be better off addressing your question to an evolution forum.
The Evolution conduit is not part of the gnome-pilot distribution, and
so you should make a feature request to the evo people directly.
Ok, I'll try their forum.

By the way, I'm not familiar with 'profiles' in Evolution.  I'm running
version 2.0.2 and I don't see them anywhere...
It's very usefull, you have different colors on your calendar (or contacts / tasks), so you could have a planning for you, for your wife or for your business for example.
If you want to try, just go in menu File / New / Calendar and now you could create events for the profile you want.

 But if I understand
correctly, I guess the approach would be to have a single evolution
conduit that had a mapping from gnome-pilot palm IDs to Evolution
profiles.
I think the best solution is to keep only one conduit and in the preference of the conduit, offer the possibility to make different actions for each profiles of Evolution, and not for only one profile.

  I reckon your suggestion is feasible, because (I think) the
conduit config gui can query the list of configured devices, and can
save info to a config file.
Temporally, can you tell me where is the config file of registry key to set up the conduits to show in gnome-pilot ?

Matt
Thanks a lot !