Re: 2x Sync Evolution for 2 different profiles

On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 18:48 +0100, Guillaume Lecanu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks again for your very usefull works with gnome-pilot :-)
>
> I have 2 profiles under Evolution, one for me and one for my business.
>
> I want to know if it's possible to have 2 conduits ECalendar into
> gnome-pilot applet.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?  Do you want multiple palm
devices, one for each conduit/profile pair, or do you have just one palm
device?  If you've only got one palm device, is it possible to use the
'categories' field in the evolution contacts to control where it appears
on your palm device?

> The goal is to configure like this :
> 1st conduit ECalendar :
>     => sync only with 'personnal' profil
>
> 2nd conduit ECalendar :
>   => sync only with 'business' profil
>
> I know if I do that, I can't ask to really sync in the 2 ways (palm
> <=> evolution) because personnal data will be sent to business (vice &
> versa).
> But I'll configure it to only do a copy evolution => palm and not
> evolution <=> palm.

The short answer is that there's no way to do it (that I'm aware of) and
that you'd be better off addressing your question to an evolution forum.
The Evolution conduit is not part of the gnome-pilot distribution, and
so you should make a feature request to the evo people directly.

By the way, I'm not familiar with 'profiles' in Evolution.  I'm running
version 2.0.2 and I don't see them anywhere...  But if I understand
correctly, I guess the approach would be to have a single evolution
conduit that had a mapping from gnome-pilot palm IDs to Evolution
profiles.  I reckon your suggestion is feasible, because (I think) the
conduit config gui can query the list of configured devices, and can
save info to a config file.

Matt