Re: [Evolution] Palm syncing

Sorry, I sent that privately to Nathan, forgot to CC the list

Version numbers:
gnome-pilot version 2.0.10
pilot-link 0.11.8
evolution 2.6
(all gentoo ports)

output from gpilotd:
** Message: Pilot name -> RoolsPilot
** Message: Pilot id   -> 1000
** Message: Pilot username -> Rools
** Message: Pilot creation/rom = 1061809021/86061056
** Message: Cradle Type -> USB
** Message: cradle device name -> Cradle
** Message: cradle device name -> /dev/tts/USB1
** Message: Pilot Speed  -> 57600
** Message: Timeout ->100
gpilotd-Message: Activating object OAFIID:GNOME_Pilot_Daemon
** Message: pilot = RoolsPilot

thanks

On 8/15/06, Matt Davey <mcdavey mrao cam ac uk> wrote:
On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 10:17 +0100, Cornelis Swanepoel wrote:
>         On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 09:40 +0100, Cornelis Swanepoel wrote:
>         > I've changed the timeout to 100.
>         > Now I can sync once successfully with evolution but every
>         subsequent
>         > sync gets stuck at "Identifying User" again.
>         >[...]
>
>         I do a killall -9 gpilotd - then I restart gpilotd by going to
>         Edit->Synchronization Options in Evolution.  Then I can sync
>         again.....
>         once more anyway.
>
>         I'm going to bump my timeout to see if that helps.
>
>         Lonnie Borntreger
>
> killall -9 gpilotd does the trick, thanks Lonnie.
> I would prefer not to have to do it after every sync though.
>
> Any ideas?

Without knowing what version of gnome-pilot and pilot-link you're using,
it's hard to give specific advice.  In a previous posting, Nathan Owens
suggested starting gpilotd in a terminal window to get more info, and
let us know what gnome-pilot and pilot-link packages you have installed,
and what distribution you're using.

There are known bugs in pretty much all packaged versions of
gnome-pilot, as far as I know.  Some of these bugs are due to patches
applied by the packager. Other problems are due to problems with
pilot-link (gnome-pilot uses some pilot-link features that are not used
by jpilot, pilot-xfer, etc, so just because these other packages work
doesn't mean the problem lies within gnome-pilot code).

One specific question: do you have '/dev/ttyUSB*' files persisting after
your successful sync?

There is a pre-release version of gnome-pilot available, that has fixed
a lot of problems.  You can get more information from the wiki page:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomePilot

Regards,

Matt

Matt Davey        In Milan, traffic lights are regulations, in Rome they are
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk        suggestions, in Naples they are Christmas decorations.