Bogus ToDo entries appearing on sync

I'm getting a (usually) large number of bogus ToDo entries created intermittently when I sync my Treo 600 with Evolution.  These appear only on the Treo, not in Evolution unless I sync twice.  A varying number of blank entries at priority 3, unfiled and no due date are created.  It may be as few as several hundred to many thousands!  I have not been able to make this repeatable: i.e. it's appearance is random as is the number of fake entries.  The only 'fix' I have for this is to use FileZ to delete the ToDo database, create a single todo to recreate the DB, then sync to restore the entries from Evolution.  Would anyone else have experienced this or have some suggestions to pin this down and hopefully find a work around?

-Jay