Re: Treo 650

> So, for right now, I would be able to have my Tasks on the Treo 650
> and could manually back up that database but not sync it with
> Evolution - if I am understanding you correctly.  But, at some point
> in the more distant future, I may be able to sync it with
> Evolution....  That would be livable the way I use it....  Actually
> Calendar working that way right now would also be good.

	No no, Tasks == ToDo, but Tasks has a few new features that
ToDo did not. As long as you continue to use the Tasks application to
store the same data that ToDo could handle, you'll be fine. Evolution
should be able to sync to it just fine. Its the _extra_ fields that
Evolutions conduits don't know about, which will be ignored.

> Do the new fields break the sync or just get lost in the transfer?
> What if I did an always one-way transfer?  For example (like I did
> to get around the thousands of empty ToDos), I could set it to
> always "copy from Palm" and only do input on the Treo.

	Right, so you'd only get "ToDo" data, not "Tasks" data. The
"extra" fields in Tasks would simply be dropped, vanish, and not be
transferred over.

> Would the transfer work, though some of the fields would be missing
> in Evolution and not transfer?  About the only one I really need to
> go both ways with is the Contacts since I tend to update from both
> sides.  But the Calendar and Tasks is just more of a nicety to view
> in Evolution not a necessity the way I work these days....

	All of the applications should work fine, as long as you do
not rely on any of the new fields in the PIM structures (like pictures
or AIM name and other things in Contacts, for example).

David A. Desrosiers
desrod gnu-designs com
http://gnu-designs.com