Re: Initial setup doesn't connect wtih FC3

Matt Davey wrote:
On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 18:34, Mark Healey wrote:

After fighting with udev for a while I managed to get /dev/pilot with the appropriate permissions created when I hit the hotsync button on my Kyocera 7135 smartphone.

When I try to use Preferences->More Preferences->PalmOS Devices (gpilot-control-applet) it starts with a configuration screens.

[...]

I hit the hotsync button and forward on the dialog. Nothing happens until the phone times out.

[...]

What do I try next?

Have you tried increasing the 'timeout' from 2s to 100s?

(there's a bug in pilot-link 0.11.8 that means that the timeouts get
interpreted in milliseconds, not seconds, so the default 2ms is a pretty
severe timeout.  This bug has been fixed, and will appear in 0.12.0).

Just tried it, problem persists.

--
Mark Healey
marklist healeyonline com