Re: Initial setup doesn't connect wtih FC3

On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 18:34, Mark Healey wrote:
> After fighting with udev for a while I managed to get
> /dev/pilot with the appropriate permissions created when I
> hit the hotsync button on my Kyocera 7135 smartphone.
>
> When I try to use Preferences->More Preferences->PalmOS
> Devices (gpilot-control-applet) it starts with a
> configuration screens.
[...]
> I hit the hotsync button and forward on the dialog.  Nothing
>   happens until the phone times out.
[...]
> What do I try next?

Have you tried increasing the 'timeout' from 2s to 100s?

(there's a bug in pilot-link 0.11.8 that means that the timeouts get
interpreted in milliseconds, not seconds, so the default 2ms is a pretty
severe timeout.  This bug has been fixed, and will appear in 0.12.0).

Matt

Matt Davey		Did you hear about the new corduroy pillow?
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk 		It's making headlines all over town.