Re: Synching with two computers

I do sometimes update tasks in evo but have been avoiding it like the plague since I realized that seems to be the cause of this.

To clear my duplicates I use FileZ to delete the DB, go into the todo DB and add a dummy record, and re-sync.

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 13:50 -0400, Robert Locke wrote:
On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 17:06 +0000, Tom Lamm wrote:
> Hmmm.... as long as I do not synch with the Windows Todo conduit, my
> back and forth with Evo appears normal. Admittedly, it was only two
> days ago that I realized I should shut down the Windows conduits. So,
> maybe time will tell.
>
> When I opened to the data file, I recall the blanks being well
> formatted, but empty, records.
>
> Tom

So, let me see if I understand (admittedly, sometimes a stretch...).

With no Windows interaction - so strictly sync'ing back and forth on the
Linux side - you do not get the blank records?

What if you change a Task from within Evo and then do a sync?  That
seems to be what Jay is thinking might be the problem, and certainly, I
think coincides with my first bad experience.

BTW, does anyone have a good, quick and dirty way to get rid of those
"blank ToDo's"???

--Rob