Re: Synching with two computers

> If I synch my Titanium-e with Windows, it totally whacks the data
> and causes big problems in Evolution.

	I think you meant Tungsten E, I'm not aware of any PalmOS
device called a "Titanium-e".

> If anybody wants the complete details, I'll be glad to provide them
> either on-list or off-list, depending on the level of interest. If
> this leaves you scratching your head thinking "why the heck would
> anybody want to do that" I will not waste the bandwidth.

	Second, your attitude sucks.

	If you want people to help you solve a problem, its best to
give them all of the information they need to help you. If that means
asking "Why would you want to do that", then so be it. Maybe they need
to understand your workflow, so they can help you with a modified
workflow that solves your issues.

	So, to make this reply productive, lets try getting some real
useful pieces of information out of this:

	- What does "totally whacks the data" mean? Erases it?
	  Changes the text to another language? Moves appointments
	  to different days? Duplicates records? You have to be a
	  lot more specific if you expect help.

	- What version of Windows? XP? 2000? 98SE?

	- What application are you syncronizing your Palm to on
	  Windows? Outlook? Palm Desktop? Lotus Notes? Other?

	- What conduits do you have enabled, if any?

	- What version of Palm Desktop?

	- What version of Evolution?

	- What version of gnome-pilot are you running?

	- What flavor of Linux? (Or are you using FreeBSD?)

	- What kernel version on that Linux version?

	Lets start there, and please remember, this is a free support
list, not a technical support contract. If you expect help, be nice to
those who would extend their time and effort to help you. You might
see better results than by insulting them right off the bat.

David A. Desrosiers
desrod gnu-designs com
http://gnu-designs.com