Re: Synching with two computers

David, you're right, my typo. It is a tungsten. Yup, you caught me there.

But beyond that David, your reply sucks.

I am not looking for the answer to the problem. I did not say "Please help me with this", or anything close to it. I offered information to an information forum, if anyone is interested.

You say:
"please remember, this is a free support
list, not a technical support contract. If you expect help, be nice to those who would extend their time and effort to help you. You might see better results than by insulting them right off the bat."

I was polite David. I offered to extend my time and effort to help anybody that is working on, or is curious about, this bug. I hurled no insults.

I solved the problem for myself, but did not fix the larger problem. The bug may be in Evo, may be in Windows, may be in the Palm. I simply offered to share what information I found to anybody that may be working on, or curious about, this.

If nobody cares about this issue, I see no need to waste people's time with the details. Heck for all I know, I'm may be the 1 in a 100 people that have seen this issue. I clearly offered the details to anybody that asked. I did not ask for any technical support, your time, or anything on anyones part. I offered technical support to anybody that is working on this, or a similar, issue.

My personal apologies, David for asking if anybody is working on this and could use more information. A simple, polite, offer to any developer that is curious about this should have received a, "Yes, I would like to see what you found", or a "No, we are not interested", or simply been ignored.

Go back under your rock David. When you're squatting down there, ask yourself, "Why is it so hard to recruit quality programmers to projects like this? Why would somebody with 20 years C/C++ experience not feel welcome here?"

Tom

On 04/13/05 16:43:57, David A. Desrosiers wrote:

> If I synch my Titanium-e with Windows, it totally whacks the data
> and causes big problems in Evolution.

	I think you meant Tungsten E, I'm not aware of any PalmOS
device called a "Titanium-e".

> If anybody wants the complete details, I'll be glad to provide them
> either on-list or off-list, depending on the level of interest. If
> this leaves you scratching your head thinking "why the heck would
> anybody want to do that" I will not waste the bandwidth.

	Second, your attitude sucks.

	If you want people to help you solve a problem, its best to
give them all of the information they need to help you. If that means
asking "Why would you want to do that", then so be it. Maybe they need

to understand your workflow, so they can help you with a modified
workflow that solves your issues.

	So, to make this reply productive, lets try getting some real
useful pieces of information out of this:

	- What does "totally whacks the data" mean? Erases it?
	  Changes the text to another language? Moves appointments
	  to different days? Duplicates records? You have to be a
	  lot more specific if you expect help.

	- What version of Windows? XP? 2000? 98SE?

	- What application are you syncronizing your Palm to on
	  Windows? Outlook? Palm Desktop? Lotus Notes? Other?

	- What conduits do you have enabled, if any?

	- What version of Palm Desktop?

	- What version of Evolution?

	- What version of gnome-pilot are you running?

	- What flavor of Linux? (Or are you using FreeBSD?)

	- What kernel version on that Linux version?

	Lets start there, and please remember, this is a free support
list, not a technical support contract. If you expect help, be nice to

those who would extend their time and effort to help you. You might
see better results than by insulting them right off the bat.

David A. Desrosiers
desrod gnu-designs com
http://gnu-designs.com