Re: Problems with Treo90 and gpilotd 2.0.10

On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 12:49, Robert Locke wrote:
[ From: rlocke ralii com]

> <snip>
>
> I am noticing that you are running gnome-pilot 2.0.10.  You might want
> to check the archives here, as both 2.0.11 and 2.0.12 have been released
> and have solved numerous connectivity problems.  Depending on your
> distro, you might even be able to update through them (i.e., Fedora Core
> 2 has 2.0.12 in it's development tree if you like)....
>
> I would probably start there and report back if it is still not working.
>
> HTH,

I am running Gentoo, and they had 2.0.12 in their "testing" packages.  I
emerged and installed it.  It does give more information, but this did
not cure my problem...

[ From mcdavey pobox com ]
> Have you tried increasing the timeout from "2 seconds" to something
> like "100 seconds"?
>
> This can be done in the gpilotd-control-applet.

No, I haven't.  But I changed it to "100" and then my Palm synced!
YYYYYEEEEEESSSSSS!  Alll of my data is now happily in both my Palm and
Evolution!

Thanks to both of you for helping me!

--
Kevin L. Collins, MCSE