Re: Netsync with gpilotd

I saw that....but no dice.  The only difference btw my setup and the example is that I've got a serially attached Palm.

Here's what gpilotd spits out when I run it:

gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 2.0.12 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.11.8
gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]
gpilotd-Message: Activating CORBA server
gpilotd-Message: bonobo_activation_active_server_register = 0
gpilotd-Message: Watching Cradle (net:)
gpilotd-Message: Found 4766, 0001
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0502, 0736
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 091e, 0004
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 082d, 0100
gpilotd-Message: Using net FALSE
gpilotd-Message: Found 082d, 0200
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 082d, 0300
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0001
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0002
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0003
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0020
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0031
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0040
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0050
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0060
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0070
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0080
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 04e8, 8001
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 04e8, 6601
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 0038
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 0066
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 0095
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 009a
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 00c9
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 00da
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 00e9
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 0144
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 0169
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 12ef, 0100
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE

and here's what pi-nredir does:

pi-nredir -p /dev/ttyS0

   Listening to port: /dev/ttyS0

   Please press the HotSync button now... Connected

        Trying 192.168.32.100... Failed

Sorry for the formatting.

-Matt

On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 05:25, Matt Davey wrote:
On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 22:06, Matt Flynn wrote:
> Does anyone know how to get gpilotd to listen for a network sync?
>
> I'm trying to sync from a pc with a serial attached cradle to another
> that's running gpilotd over a local network.
>
> All of the things on the pc with the palm attached seem to be working
> fine.  I've configured the palm with the netsync info of the pc I want
> to sync to.
>
> I can run pi-nredir, hit the hotsync button and see that it tries to
> connect to the correct IP of the pc with gpilotd.
>
> I sniffed the traffic and saw that pi-nredir is trying to open a tcp
> connection on port 14238 on the target pc.  However, gpilotd (or
> anything else for that matter) doesn't seem to be listening on that
> port....and no firewalls are enabled on either of the PCs.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

Take a look at:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-pilot-list/2004-June/msg00027.html

I haven't used network hotsync, but it's pretty ugly that it's
necessary to edit the gpilotd gnome configuration by hand...

Matt

Matt Davey        Why do elephants have big ears?
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk 	Because Noddy won't pay the ransom.