Re: Please help: gpilotd network sync

> BUT all this stuff about Bluetooth sync i got already working with JPilot,
> with pilot-xfer and so on!  BUT WHAT I CAN'T MANAGE IS: make gnome-pilot
> (and gpilotd) sync via network!!!!

	Easy... do the following:

	1.) Run gpilotd-control-applet and choose "USB" as the device type

	2.) Select /dev/pilot from the dropdown list

	3.) Close gpilotd-control-applet, and killall -9 gpilotd from a
            shell.

	4.) Edit $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-pilot.d/gpilotd and change the
	    /dev/pilot reference to 'net:' in the 'device' line under
	    [Device0] (minus the quotes)

	5.) Restart gpilotd-control-applet, and confirm that 'net:' shows up
	    in the 'port' column in on the Device tab. The reason you have o
	    manually edit this into the file, is because
	    gpilotd-control-applet doesn't allow you to type 'net:' in there
	    directly. Close gpilotd-control-applet.

	6.) Configure your Palm apppropriately to talk to the IP of the
	    machine running gnome-pilot, as detailed in several of my HOWTO
	    documents.

	7.) Sync as you normally would, using the network.

	If you want to test this locally, run gpilotd in a term, after
making the above changes, then in another term, run 'pi-nredir -p
/dev/ttyUSBx' (choose the right port for your USB device, of course) and
then tap HotSync on your Palm. If you got the settings right, you should see
gpilotd wake up and start syncronizing.

	"It Works For Me(tm)", I just tested it here.

d.