Re: Netsync with gpilotd

On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 22:06, Matt Flynn wrote:
> Does anyone know how to get gpilotd to listen for a network sync?
>
> I'm trying to sync from a pc with a serial attached cradle to another
> that's running gpilotd over a local network.
>
> All of the things on the pc with the palm attached seem to be working
> fine.  I've configured the palm with the netsync info of the pc I want
> to sync to.
>
> I can run pi-nredir, hit the hotsync button and see that it tries to
> connect to the correct IP of the pc with gpilotd.
>
> I sniffed the traffic and saw that pi-nredir is trying to open a tcp
> connection on port 14238 on the target pc.  However, gpilotd (or
> anything else for that matter) doesn't seem to be listening on that
> port....and no firewalls are enabled on either of the PCs.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

Take a look at:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-pilot-list/2004-June/msg00027.html

I haven't used network hotsync, but it's pretty ugly that it's
necessary to edit the gpilotd gnome configuration by hand...

Matt

Matt Davey        Why do elephants have big ears?
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk 	Because Noddy won't pay the ransom.