Evolution Mail/Palm Mail synchronisation

Now that Evolution is part of GNOME, wouldn't it be a good idea to
replace the old sendmail conduit with one that synchronises with
Evolution's mail component? My apologies if anyone has suggested this
already. I imagine that most desktop computers - where Palm
synchronization is most likely to be used - don't have an MTA installed
that's configured properly to take advantage of the sendmail conduit.

I don't know how easy this would be, however. I can't see any
mail-related facilities in evolution-data-server, though I only had a
brief look.

Sorry if this is a repeat, but I accidentally tried to post to the list
without fully subscribing beforehand.