gnome-pilot maintenance (was: Reply-To: address on list mails)

On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 13:49, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
>> Based on http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-pilot-conduits/, it looks like
>> no code has been touched in at least 10 months now??
>
>        jpr is the maintainer, and he's very busy with Evolution.
>
>        If you look at the cvs code for gnome-pilot, commits are
>happening.
>
>        The most-recent one I see here is:
>
>                2004-04-26  Adam Weinberger  <adamw gnome org>

David,
Jason did refer to 'code'.  The above commit was adding some 'Canadian
English' support.  It looks like Jason is right, in that the last
code-related CVS activity in gnome-pilot-conduits was 10 months ago.
Ditto for gnome-pilots.

> 	So they are working on it, but Evolution takes priority right now.
>
> 	Give them some time, or give them a hand. Either will be helpful.

This would be my attitude.  I spent some time figuring out the memo-file
issue, and gave them a hand by submitting a patch and emailing them
wherever I could.  Neither seemed helpful, judging from the complete
lack of _any_ response from any maintainer.

As Jason said, sorry to sound harsh, but I believe jpr has a duty as
maintainer either to appeal for someone else to become maintainer or
else to at least find time to test and commit submitted patches.

Matt

p.s. I know nothing about gnome programming so won't be volunteering,
but I don't believe that weakens the points we're raising.
--
CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential.  If you have received